Brand: Joyce Chen
- Wok set includes 14-inch wok, dome lid, 12-inch bamboo spatula, and recipe booklet
- Made of 1-1/2 mm gauge carbon steel for fast, even heating; requires seasoning before use
- Birch-wood stay-cool handles--one long and an opposite helper handle
- Nonstick steel dome lid with knob helps keep in heat, moisture, and nutrients
- Safe for use on either gas or electric cooktops; hand wash
Warranty: 1 year warranty
Classic Series Carbon Steel 4 Pc. Wok Set
Instead of going out for dinner, stay in, and make a healthy tofu and vegetable stir-fry or Szechwan beef and broccoli stir-fry using this four-piece wok set. Safe for use on either gas or electric cooktops, the flat-bottomed wok should be hand washed and dried thoroughly before storing. The collection comes gift-boxed, making it a nice choice for a housewarming or birthday present.
- Made of 1-1/2 mm gauge carbon steel for fast, even heating
- Requires seasoning before use
- Birch-wood stay-cool handles
- Nonstick steel dome lid with knob
- Safe for use on either gas or electric cooktops
- Carbon steel for strength and excellent heat distribution
- Wide top and narrow bottom allow for frying with less oil
- Hand wash
Birch-wood stay-cool handles--one long and an opposite helper handle stay cool to the touch for added comfort and convenience.
Nonstick steel dome lid with cool-touch knob helps keep in heat, moisture, and nutrients.
Curved Cooking Interior
Promotes proper stir-frying, while its wide top and narrow bottom allow for frying with less oil than with a straight-sided pan. Simply heat the oil; add any favorite combination of fresh vegetables, tofu, or meat; then keep things moving with the long-handled spatula.
Heats Quickly and Evenly
Made of 1-1/2 mm gauge carbon steel, the wok heats quickly and evenly, and its smooth interior requires seasoning before use.
What's in the Box:
- 14-inch carbon-steel wok
- Nonstick steel dome lid
- 12-inch bamboo spatula
- Recipe booklet
Additional Sizes Available
Model # J20-1140 14" Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok with round bottom
Model # J21-9978 14" Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok
Joyce Chen has a large variety and selection of woks
With so many variations every cook will be able to find their perfect fit. From heavy professional weight to lightweight pre-seasoned, Joyce Chen has it all.
- Pro Chef Excalibur Nonstick Cookware: The Excalibur reinforced non-stick coating system used on our Pro Chef Woks and Peking Pans has been acclaimed by U.S. retailers, professional chefs, and consumers as the best performing non-stick finish for cookware in today's market. It is covered by our 25-year limited warranty. PFOA and PTFE Free.
- Pro Chef Carbon Steel Cookware: Once seasoned, these professional weight (2.0 mm) carbon steel pans will render superior cooking performance for life.
- Pro Chef Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware: Lightweight pre-seasoned cast iron has all the benefits of cooking with traditional cast iron, such as even heating and great temperature control but is half the weight. It is covered by our 25-year limited warranty.
- Classic Series Xylan Nonstick Cookware: This heavy weight (1.8mm) Classic Series cookware is for the discerning cook. The availability of 9-inch and 12-inch stir fry pans as well as 14-inch woks makes it easy to choose the perfect size pan for any cooking task.
- Classic Series Carbon Steel Cookware: Whether your personal choice is a round or flat bottom, loop or skillet handles, we have the perfect wok for you. Our carbon steel woks are crafted of superior quality and weight (1.5 mm).
Joyce Chen by Columbian Home Products
In 1949 Joyce Chen came to America from Shanghai, China and settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Her culinary career began when she brought egg rolls to her children's school bake sale -- they sold out immediately. She had discovered America's growing interest in Chinese food. She soon began teaching lessons at her home and, later, at Cambridge's and Boston's Adult Education Centers. With the encouragement of friends and neighbors, she opened The Joyce Chen Restaurant in 1958. She also wrote her first Joyce Chen Cook Book in 1964, and in 1968 starred in her own national televised PBS cooking series called Joyce Chen Cooks.
In the '70s, she found that the selection and quality of Chinese cookware in America didn't live up to her high standards, so she developed her own line of cookware with the slogan "Eastern Cookware for the Western Kitchen." Her goal was to provide high-quality, versatile tools and products with Asian flair. Today, sourced from all over the Pacific Rim, Joyce Chen products bring the best of Asia to you.
In 1994 Joyce Chen passed away and in 1998, she was inducted into the James Beard Foundation Hall of Fame.
Idea completa: losdatosdenatalia.com